Learn more about Hello Kitty Culture, Sanrio, Kitty White, Mimmy White, Dear Daniel, Charmmy Kitty and other information on Hello Kitty and the Sanrio brand below.
About Hello Kitty Culture:
Why did we create HelloKittyCulture.com? Because, just like you, we are HUGE Hello Kitty fans! We wanted to make a special place online for all of you Hello Kitty fans to find Hello Kitty products, images, videos, events and news.
We regularly update our blog and social media with news about Hello Kitty and her friends, cool photos, videos, and even giveaways! Get all the latest info straight to your inbox by signing up for our Hello Kitty Culture Fan Club monthly email. (The signup form is on the upper right side of this page.)
About Hello Kitty – the Brand:
Did you know that Hello Kitty has been around since 1974? Here are some other fun facts about the Hello Kitty and the Sanrio brand:
All About Kitty White:
- “Hello Kitty” is actually the name of the group of characters – the main character herself is actually named “Kitty White”.
- Kitty White is also known as Kitty-chan.
- Kitty White was born on November 1st in the suburbs of London England.
- She is 5 apples tall and weighs 3 apples.
- She is smart and kindhearted, very close to her twin sister “Mimmy”.
- She is an excellent cook – she loves to bake cookies and homemade apple pie.
- She collects cute things.
- She likes school and her favorite classes are English, music and art.
All About Mimmy White:
- Mimmy White is the identical twin sister of “Hello Kitty” (Kitty White).
- Mimmy is shy and very girly.
- Mimmy likes to sew and daydream about weddings and getting married one day.
- Kitty wears her bow on the left ear and Mimmy wears hers on the right.
All About Kitty and Mimmy White’s Family:
- Kitty and Mimmy White have a big family.
- Their Daddy is named George and he is dependable, funny and a little absent-minded.
- Their Mamma is named Mary and she is a good cook who enjoys doing housework.
- Their Grandpa is named Anthony and he is a good storyteller.
- Their Grandma is named Margaret and she enjoys sewing, just like Mimmy.
All About Dear Daniel:
- Dear Daniel is Hello Kitty’s childhood friend.
- He was born on May 3rd, in London England.
- His real name is Daniel Starr, but he is known as Dear Daniel.
- When they were younger, he traveled a lot with his parents and was away from Hello Kitty for a long time.
- He is fashionable, sensitive, good and dancing and loves to play the piano.
- He is interested in photography and dreams of being famous one day.
All About Charmmy Kitty:
- Charmmy Kitty is Hello Kitty’s pet.
- She is a white, Persian cat.
- She is obedient, docile and likes shiny things.
- She wears a necklace that holds the key to Hello Kitty’s jewelry box.
- Hello Kitty also has a pet hamster named Sugar that was given to her by Dear Daniel.
All About Sanrio:
- The founder of Sanrio is named Shintaro Tsuji.
- He began selling rubber sandals with flowers painted on them in 1962.
- He hired cartoonists to add cute designs to the sandals.
- Hello Kitty was designed by Yuko Shimizu and was added to the cartoon lineup of characters on 1974.
- Hello Kitty was first seen in Japan on a vinyl coin purse, she was sitting between a bottle of milk and a fishbowl.
- She was later seen in the United States for the first time in 1976.
- Sanrio decided to make Hello Kitty British.
- It is said that Hello Kitty does not have a mouth because Sanrio wanted people to “project their feelings onto the character”.
- Another explanation about the mouth says she doesn’t need one as she “speaks from the heart. She’s Sanrio’s ambassador to the world and isn’t bound to any particular language”.
- Sanrio want people to see Hello Kitty as a symbol for friendship across the world.
Hello Kitty Blog here.